If you would like to volunteer in person with our asylum-seeking guests, then read on. If not, just add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts, and your sign-up is complete!
To work in person with our guests, you’ll need to:
- watch a CASP Volunteer Training video
Write to email@example.com for the link to a 90-minute training video.
- satisfy Vermont OSHA (VOSHA) requirements regarding COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all workers – including volunteers – who work in person with others are required to read the VOSHA training manual (available here). To certify that you have done so, fill in the last page, save the file to your computer, and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, on each day you work in person with others, you’ll need to fill out a health questionnaire (available here) before going to work. CASP will receive the completed questionnaire electronically when you press the Submit button.
- submit a background report
For staff and volunteers who work directly with guests, CASP requires a national criminal background report. It can be either a report arranged for a different organization within the past year or a new report for CASP.
A convenient tool for this purpose is backgroundreport.com, using their “Basic Search.” (The charge is $19.95. If you wish, you can request reimbursement by sending an Expense Reimbursement Form to CASP, PO Box 1355, Brattleboro, VT 05302.) The background report will be sent to you for you to review and forward to CASP. If you feel that the report would unjustly disqualify you, you can get in touch to discuss it.
To use backgroundreport.com:
- Click here, which will open their website in a new tab, allowing you to return here at any time to see the rest of the instructions.
- Create an account.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation with a link to their sign-in page.
- Sign in.
- Select the $19.95 Basic Search. (The billing name on your card statement will be e-Renter USA.)
- Enter the required information.
- When your background report is ready (often within minutes), you will receive an emailed notification.
- Click on the link provided in the email.
- Click on the “View Reports” button.
- Click on the “Continue Order” button.
- Click on the “Download Report” button.
- Save your report to a convenient place on your computer.
- Attach the report to an email, and send it to email@example.com.
Drivers for CASP need to observe the following “Rules of the Road”:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You and your vehicle must be properly licensed and insured.
- Your driving record must reflect no more than one moving violation in the past year, with no record of DUI.
- While driving for CASP, you must abstain from using drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
- You must make sure that both you and your passengers wear seatbelts.
- You must refrain from using headphones or texting while the car is moving.
- You must report any accident or incident to CASP headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the transportation coordinator (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
If you have any problems or questions regarding our Rules of the Road, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: To help ensure that mail from the Volunteer Coordinator gets through to you, be sure to add email@example.com to your Contacts.