If you would like to volunteer one-on-one with our asylum-seeking guests, then read on. If not, just add email@example.com to your Contacts, and your sign-up is complete!
To work one-on-one with our guests, you’ll need to meet the following safety requirements:
- Watch CASP Volunteer Training videos.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request links to the videos.
- Submit a background report.
CASP requires a national criminal background report for staff and volunteers working one-on-one with our guests. Unless you have a background report already on file with us, you’ll need to submit one – either one arranged for another organization within the past year or a new one.
A convenient tool for this purpose is backgroundreport.com, using their “Basic Search.” The charge is $21.95. If you wish, you can request reimbursement by sending an Expense Reimbursement Form to CASP, PO Box 1355, Brattleboro, VT 05302.
The background report will be sent to you for you to review and forward to CASP. If you feel that the report would unjustly disqualify you, please write to email@example.com to discuss it.
To use backgroundreport.com:
- Click here, which will open their website in a new tab, allowing you to refer back to this tab to see the rest of the instructions.
- Create an account.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation with a link to their sign-in page.
- Sign in.
- Select the $21.95 Basic Search. (The billing name on your card statement will be e-Renter USA.)
- Enter the required information.
- When your background report is ready (often within minutes), you will receive an emailed notification.
- Click on the link provided in the email.
- Click on the “View Reports” button.
- Click on the “Continue Order” button.
- Click on the “Download Report” button.
- Save your report to a convenient place on your computer.
- Attach the report to an email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drivers for CASP need to observe the following “Rules of the Road”:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You and your vehicle must be properly licensed and insured.
- Your driving record must reflect no more than one moving violation in the past year, with no record of DUI.
- While driving for CASP, you must abstain from using drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
- You must make sure that both you and your passengers wear seatbelts.
- You must refrain from using headphones or texting while the car is moving.
- You must report any accident or incident to CASP headquarters (email@example.com) or the transportation coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
If you have any problems or questions regarding our Rules of the Road, please write to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: To help ensure that mail from the Volunteer Coordinator gets through to you, be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts.