If you would like to volunteer one-on-one with our asylum-seeking guests, then read on. If not, just add email@example.com to your Contacts, and your sign-up is complete!
To work one-on-one with our guests, you’ll need to meet the following safety requirements:
- Watch a CASP Volunteer Training video.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the link to the 90-minute training video.
- Satisfy Vermont OSHA (VOSHA) pandemic requirements.
During the pandemic, all workers – including volunteers – must observe the following VOSHA regulations:
(1) You are not to work with other members of the organization (including our guests) on a day when the answer to any of the following questions is Yes.
- In the last 14 days, have you traveled outside your normal, daily routine which puts you in violation of the Governor’s Executive Order and addenda (https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/emergency-executive-orders)?
- Do you have new or worsening onset of any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, chills, body aches, fatigue, headache, loss of taste/smell, eye drainage, congestion?
- Is your temperature over 100.4 F?
- Have you been exposed to someone being tested for COVID-19 or who has symptoms compatible with COVID-19?
- Are any members of your household or a close contact in quarantine for exposure to COVID-19?
- Submit a background report.
CASP requires a national criminal background report for staff and volunteers working one-on-one with our guests. It can be either a report arranged for a different organization within the past year or a new report for CASP.
A convenient tool for this purpose is backgroundreport.com, using their “Basic Search.” (The charge is $19.95. If you wish, you can request reimbursement by sending an Expense Reimbursement Form to CASP, PO Box 1355, Brattleboro, VT 05302.) The background report will be sent to you for you to review and forward to CASP. If you feel that the report would unjustly disqualify you, please write to email@example.com to discuss it.
To use backgroundreport.com:
- Click here, which will open their website in a new tab, allowing you to refer back to this tab to see the rest of the instructions.
- Create an account.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation with a link to their sign-in page.
- Sign in.
- Select the $19.95 Basic Search. (The billing name on your card statement will be e-Renter USA.)
- Enter the required information.
- When your background report is ready (often within minutes), you will receive an emailed notification.
- Click on the link provided in the email.
- Click on the “View Reports” button.
- Click on the “Continue Order” button.
- Click on the “Download Report” button.
- Save your report to a convenient place on your computer.
- Attach the report to an email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drivers for CASP need to observe the following “Rules of the Road”:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You and your vehicle must be properly licensed and insured.
- Your driving record must reflect no more than one moving violation in the past year, with no record of DUI.
- While driving for CASP, you must abstain from using drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
- You must make sure that both you and your passengers wear seatbelts.
- You must refrain from using headphones or texting while the car is moving.
- You must report any accident or incident to CASP headquarters (email@example.com) or the transportation coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
If you have any problems or questions regarding our Rules of the Road, please write to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: To help ensure that mail from the Volunteer Coordinator gets through to you, be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts.