CASP’s mission is “to provide basic needs and a supportive community for those in the process of seeking asylum in the U.S.”
Volunteers are the core of that supportive community and a welcoming, healthy, and successful experience for our guests.
If you’re considering becoming a volunteer, we invite you to:
- Take a look at the sign-up form (here), and see if there are activities that interest you.
- If you find some (or if you’d like to propose “Other” offers), fill out the form, and press Enter. (If you prefer using a paper version, you can download the form here.)
- Next, read the Volunteer Handbook carefully.
- Print and sign the last page of the Handbook.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for mailing instructions for your paperwork.
- Follow the instructions in the Handbook about background checks.
If you’re already a volunteer …
Help CASP in its grant-seeking efforts by periodically logging your hours and mileage. This can be done:
- online (here) – in which case we suggest you make a note of the date, so that you will know the starting point for your next data entry
- by printing a paper copy (available here) and following the instructions on it
If you’re involved in public outreach for CASP, please familiarize yourself with a fact sheet (available here) about CASP and the people we serve.
If you have questions about volunteering or about logging your hours and mileage, please feel free to write to us at email@example.com.