CASP’s mission is “to provide basic needs and a supportive community for those in the process of seeking asylum in the U.S.”
Volunteers are the core of that supportive community and a welcoming, healthy, and successful experience for our guests.
Getting started …
If you’re considering becoming a volunteer, we invite you to take a look at our sign-up form (here) and see if there are activities that interest you. If you find some (or if you’d like to propose “Others”), fill out the form, and click the “SUBMIT” button at the bottom of the page. You will then be guided through the rest of the sign-up process. Note: to be covered by CASP’s insurance policy for volunteers, you need to complete all the steps in this process.
If you’ve already submitted the sign-up form but still need to complete the remaining steps:
- Click here to read and sign off on the Volunteer Guide.
- Click here to read about requirements for working in person with guests.
If you prefer using paper versions of this process, write to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
When you do volunteer work for CASP …
Please help us in our grant-seeking efforts by keeping track of your hours and mileage. You can create your own log sheet or download a convenient form here. A CASP “Tracker” will contact you periodically to ask for the information you’ve logged.
And if you’re involved in public outreach for CASP, please familiarize yourself with a fact sheet (available here) about CASP and the people we serve.
Suggested Readings & Videos
- report by Center for Victims of Torture: Tortured and Detained
- readings and tools at Freedom for Immigrants
- presentations arranged by CASP (write to email@example.com for the links):
– Trauma and Secondary Trauma (5/17/2020)
– ICE and Policing in Windham County (11/19/2020)
– A Trauma-Informed and Anti-Racist Approach to Mental Health Support (3/29/2021)
- other presentations:
– Merely Bystanders: The Psychology of Courage and Inaction (Catherine Sanderson, 10/16/2020)
Have questions or updates?
If you have questions about volunteering or would like to update your sign-up form, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.